Why Almond Turmeric Matcha Cappuccino?
I’ve been doing research on superfoods and foods that help to eliminate inflammation to ease my health conditions, Systematic Scleroderma and Lung Fibrosis. I got inspired by the goodness of Matcha and Turmeric, what they have to offer and eventually fallen in love with them. I drink Matcha tea and love Matcha Ice-cream. Anything Matcha is cool.
I personally love drinking coffee too but because of my health conditions I opt for Matcha instead, especially during intermittent fasting or body cleansing. Matcha tea keeps me energized and suppresses my hunger. I am able to go about my day without any trouble for at least 12 hours.
Matcha is the king of antioxidants and filled with vitamins and minerals such as vitamins K and C. It boosts your metabolism and aids weight loss.
In Southeast Asia, turmeric are scattered and grown in almost every household. It’s the most important ingredients for holy water making, which is used for watering Buddha and elders during water festival. Turmeric is also widely used for healing fresh cut wounds and flavoring dishes.
Turmeric is known to have anti-inflammation property called Curcumin, which is believed to ease arthritis pain and improve digestion. It also contains high manganese and iron.
Almond milk is the milk generated from almond nuts. It’s ideal for people who are allergic to dairy milk and very popular among Ketogenic dieters.
Almond contains high protein and is low in carbs. Almond flour is being used widely in Ketogenic diet community in baking instead of wheat flour.
- 1tsp Matcha powder
- Pinch of salt
- 30g butter or Ghee
- 220ml Almond milk
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Add homemade or organic almond milk in a pot, put on high heat and bring to boil, then reduce to low heat.
- Add turmeric powder and stir till it blend well with milk.
- Pour turmeric almond milk into blender, add butter/ghee and Matcha powder, then blend in high speed. The bubbles will become quite firm on the top of the blend.
- Pour blended milk onto a serving cup slowly to leave cream behind.
- Use spoon to scoop the cream and place on top of the cup, then garnish it with Matcha powder or Turmeric powder as you wish.
Sit back, relax and enjoy!