I’ve never thought I would ever get to make such a delicious low carbs cupcake in just minutes!!!
I have tried to make cakes, using multiple recipes available out there, so far…non of them actually turnout well for me. Also, I found the ingredients just don’t agree with my delicate body. I need simple, few ingredients recipe that my system can accept. So I keep looking and experimenting for myself for quite a long time.
Today, here I was in my kitchen, suddenly my sweet hunger soul clicks and I get my recipe within minutes of brainstorming.
Why egg yolks not egg whites?
According to Palmer Kippola, the author of Beat Autoimmune, egg whites contain lysozymes, which can act like a Trojan horse, penetrating the gut barrier and allowing other large protein molecules and bacteria bacteria like E. coli into the bloodstream, potentially setting off an immune system inflammatory reaction. In addition, egg white consumption may contribute to autoimmune disorders via a process of molecular mimicry that is similar to the issues with dietary lectins found in wheat, legumes and grains.
This is very true, based on my observation, due to my autoimmune conditions, I found eating egg whites and all food items mentioned above makes my conditions worst.
Besides, egg yolk is full of goodness. It’s high in protein and packs with vitamins and minerals that our body needs.
• 3 tbsp almond flour
• 4 tbsp melted purified butter or ghee
• 2 egg yolks
• 1 tsp bio-carbs soda aluminum free
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp raw honey
• 1 pinch of Himalayan salt
• 10 almond flakes
1. Add butter on to a pan and put on low heat. Let the butter melted then turn off the heat and set aside.
2. Add two egg yolks onto a mixing bowl and whisk them with egg whisker till become smooth. Add salt and continue whisking till salt is melted. Add butter and continue whisking. Add maple syrup, vanilla extract and bio-carb soda and continue whisking till everything mix together really well.
3. Add almond flour onto mix ingredients, one tbsp at a time while using spatula to fold the flour and ingredients together well.
4. Pour the mix into a ceramic a baking cup (size 150 ml)
5. Place the cup into microwave and turn on 900w and cook for 40 seconds.
6. Use a toothpick to check if the cake is cooked by poking into the middle of the cake. If it’s not cooked, the toothpick will be sticky with some cake mixed. In this case cook again for another 20 second.
7. Remove the cup from microwave and let cool down.
8. Transfer the cake to a serving plate
9. Pour raw honey on the top of the cake and decorate with almond flakes.
Enjoy joy flourless cake in just 5 minutes. I prefer to have it with match green tea 🍵 delicious 😋
This recipe is for one serve. Simply multiply the amount of ingredients to make more serves.