Here comes healthy cookies recipe!!!
This recipe was born because a mother’s love for her children 🧡💛💛! She requested me to create healthy cookies recipe for her children so they can decorate, have fun and eat healthy treats.
There’s no other love greater than a mother’s love 🧡💛💛
Why Almond flour and egg yolk?
Almond is high energy food!!!
It is one of the food that have the most balanced macronutrient and micronutrient that you should keep in your diet if you can tolerate it. It contains 21.1% of protein, 21.6 % carbohydrates and 49.9% good fat. It’s also filled with essential vitamins and minerals for our bodies’ functions.
Almond could be your natural pain relief because it has such high vitamin E at 171%, very high vitamin Bs, 75% magnesium, 69% phosphorus, 32% zincs, 29% iron and many more…
It’s high protein food and most importantly it’s delicious 😋 even my dog 🐶 Leo loves eating egg yolks!
• 14 tbsp almond flour
• 5 tbsp purified butter or ghee
• 5 egg yolks (4 for dough, 1 for brushing)
• 1 tsp bio-carbs soda (aluminum free)
• 3 tbsp natural sweetener Xylitol (zero sugar)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 pinch of Himalayan salt
• 3 tbsp raw honey (for garnishing)
• 2 tbsp coconut flakes (for garnishing)
1. Add butter onto a pan, put on low heat and let the butter melted, turn off the heat. Set it aside.
2. Add egg yolks onto a bowl and whisk them till become smooth. Add salt and continue whisking. Add butter, vanilla extract and bio-carb soda and continue whisking till everything mix up well (Keep adding one ingredient at a time while whisking).
3. Add almond flour and use spatula to fold the flour and ingredients together well and form a firm dough.
4. Preheat oven at 175c for 5 minutes.
5. Divide dough into 2-3 portions and form into balls
6. Place a dough ball between 2 equal size of baking papers and roll to flatten it, about 1,5cm thick or as per your wish. Use your prefer cookies cuter to cut out the cookies. Repeat with the other portion.
7. Lay a baking paper on baking tray, place cut out cookies on baking paper (use a flat knife to move them because they are rather fragile) and blush egg yolk on each cut out cookies.
8. Bake cookies at 175c for 4 minutes. Turn off the heat, leave oven slightly open to them to cool down.
9. Once all the cookies cool down, bush them with raw honey and sprinkle coconut flakes on top. You may also use any other toppings you wish.
This recipe offers 12-16, depending on the size of your cookies cutter.
Enjoy joy your healthy flourless cookies in just minutes.
It’s perfect healthy snack on regular day or as Christmas treats 🍪 delicious 😋